Please see the Members and Roles overview article for additional information.
When you share a device with someone, the user will have the ability to manage the device from within their own account. If you invite a user that does not have an account, they will create one when the invitation email is received.
This option is typically used in Property Manager/Tenant situations, where the device owner does not necessarily want the person they are sharing the device with to have access to other areas in their account, nor have the ability to see all user codes on a lock.
Shared Device Behavior
- Recipient ONLY sees users/pin codes that they create on the lock (not codes created by Owner)
- Owners also cannot see users/pin codes that the recipient creates on the lock
- Recipient can set up their own integrations (Airbnb, HomeAway, etc.)
- Must be on a minimum of the Premium plan to do so
- Recipient has their own account level settings
- Recipient has 7 day event history
- Recipient's billing will show "Inactive"- this is because the basic Shared Device permissions are covered under the primary owner's subscription
- If the Shared Device Recipient would like to take advantage of any features on the Premium, Business or Enterprise plans- the recipient must upgrade to that plan and create a subscription.
- Recipients without an active billing plan will not be able to receive text notifications