Reconnecting your Lock to WiFi
This process applies if:
- Your lock has fallen offline and you would like to reconnect it to the same network
- You changed settings in your WiFi network and need to reconnect your lock (this includes changing WiFi password or network name)
- You changed your modem/router and need to reconnect your lock
- You switched Internet Service Providers (ISP) and need to reconnect your lock
If you have previously connected your lock to WiFi and there have been any changes to your network or router name, password, or SSID broadcast settings, you will need to reconnect your lock to the new or updated network. This also applies if your lock is offline for any reason at all and needs to be reconnected. To do this, please follow the steps below:
Please note - if you do not have a # key, you will want to use the Lockstate/Enter button instead.
1) First, force the lock to reset its WiFi network by entering this on the keypad:
- Programming Code --> # --> 312 --> #
2) Next, force the lock to broadcast its temporary "RemoteLock" Network by entering this on the keypad:
- Programming Code --> # --> 320 --> #
3) Open the Wi-Fi settings on your smartphone or laptop. Find and connect to the RemoteLock network. (Your lock broadcasts a temporary network that will expire after 10 minutes. To rebroadcast the network, repeat steps 1 & 2 above).
4) Once connected to the lock's network, you will be presented with a list of available Wi-Fi networks. Select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect your lock to. You will need to know the password for that network. (Quick Tip: If you were not automatically directed to a list of available Wi-Fi networks, you can do so manually by typing 192.168.0.1 into your web browser's address bar while still connected to the RemoteLock network).
5) After you've selected the network, enter your password and click Connect. When your lock is connected, you'll see a success message and hear the lock beep twice. If you hear 2 beeps on your lock, but do not see the "Connection Complete" message, your lock has still successfully connected to your network.
Where to locate your Programming Code:
- Log into your portal account (connect.remotelock.com).
- Click on Devices (at the top of the screen).
- Click on the lock you need the programming code for, then click on settings (on the left-hand side of your screen)
- You will find your current Programming Code, listed under Programming Code.
Other Related Articles:
- WiFi Troubleshooting: Connectivity Issues, Reprogramming, and other Network Information
- WiFi Provisioning Guide
- WiFi Connectivity Best Practices